He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit. Galatians 3:14
Faith is the currency of the supernatural. Without it, you will have difficulty receiving anything from God.
The above passage of scripture says by faith we receive the promise of the Spirit. That also means we receive every promise that comes with the Holy Spirit by faith. So understanding some basic principles and practical applications of faith is important.
The Just Shall Live by Faith.
Over the years I have learned to live by faith. Initially it’s exciting but weird because everything around you contradicts what you see in the supernatural realm. In fact demonic forces work overtime to keep you from believing what God has for you in His Word. But stick with it. Eventually your flesh will begin to not only to accept, but expect the supernatural to manifest.
For example when I retired from the Air Force I was told I had an incurable condition. After 21 years of service I would have to live with a Degenerative Spine Disease that began to severely limit my range of motion and was rapidly getting worst. I was told that eventually I would have to go through a series of surgeries that would put pins and plates along my spine.
It was during that time that my understanding of the supernatural went from my head to my heart. I applied the following principles of faith and was able to transfer my total healing from the supernatural realm to my body without a single operation.
How to apply the principles of faith.
The process of applying faith rest on three concepts: asking, believing, and confessing. In order to receive from God you should follow this pattern. This is the same pattern that we used to become Christians. We asked God to forgive us, believed in our heart the Lord Jesus Christ as our savior, and confessed what we believe. (Romans 10:9-10) Colossians 2:6 tells us that the same way we received the Lord Jesus (asking, believing, and confessing) is the same way we are to live. The first step is asking.
When asking God for anything there are four keys you have to apply.
1. You have to ask. Why? Because that is the way God set the system up. (James 4:2) Also, asking is done in prayer and what father doesn’t want his children to come and talk to him, even though He already knows what they need.
2. You must be specific. God doesn’t assume anything. When two blind men came to Jesus, Jesus asked him “What do you want?’ (Matthew 20:32) Ah hello… Jesus they were blind! Its not that Jesus didn’t know what they wanted, it was for the blind men to be able to articulate what they were dreaming about – their sight!
3. You have to ask according to His will. (1 John 5:14) You must find a scriptural promise for what you desire. You are wasting your time if you ask God for something outside His will.
4. You must have the right motives. (James 4:3) Asking correctly with incorrect motives negates everything. That’s why you must constantly check your heart. You can’t manifest the supernatural if your heart isn’t right. See my post on the supernatural and your heart.
The quickest way to check you heart in reference to your desires is by asking Why? Why do you want what you desire?
The essence of faith is simply believing in the heart. Believing is powerful. Jesus said if you can believe the all things become possible (Mark 9:23). As it relates to the supernatural realm, anything that your imagination can conceive in the Word of God can be manifested in the natural if you can believe it.
Believing vs. Knowing
The is a difference between faith based belief and knowledge based belief. The difference is knowledge based believing requires sensory realm verification. If you have to verify it with any of your 5 physical senses (sight, touch, smell, hearing, or taste) then it’s knowledge base believing.
The best biblical definition for faith based believing is accepting something as truth without any sensory realm verification. Jesus said a this type of believing is blessed.
When doubting Thomas refused to believe Jesus was raised from the dead unless he could touch his wounds Jesus said: “Thomas you believe because you see (knowledge based belief), Blessed is the man who can not see and believe (faith believing).” John 20:29.
When you confess what you believe in your heart you release power to manifest it in your life. Here are a few reasons why:
- The power of life and death is in our words. (Proverbs 18:21) Whatever you want to create or destroy in your life begins with your words.
- Your words are spirit. (John 6:63) Words operate in both the natural and the supernatural realm. In the natural realm they are heard, in the supernatural realm they are seen.
- Your words convey your authority. Man is the only creation of God that has authority in both realms. Your words are how you exercise that authority
So begin to operate by faith and enjoy the Supernatural You!
I’m Andrew Freed and you are an Overcomer In Christ.